Please keep your comments rated PG-13 or less. There are several different people reading this.

If you don't edit your comments, then the blog will disappear. Phil that means you.

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

The Return of Chivalry

The Return of Chivalry

   I recently heard a story, about a girl, whom was with a group of people and had a guy open the door for her. She was quite shocked and did not know what to do. I say props to you sir, who opened the door for the ladies. Way to be awesome! Upon hearing this I came to the conclusion that I may in fact, not be the last remaining gentleman on earth.
   This brings me to my point, it is very sad, that women find it odd when guys open doors for them. This along taking your hat off when you enter a building, or tipping your hat if outdoors. I never understood the last one, but that is okay. I have always had the belief that if you want to get noticed, open doors for people. It not only makes you look good, but you may meet your spouse. When I was in college, I held the door open for some people, I had no idea who they were, the next day one of them, a nice looking female came up and said, “You held to door open for me the other day and I wanted to meet you.” We started hanging out and dated for a few months before I became a jerk and retired from dating because of my behavior to this girl.
   My point is this, even if you have no idea that you are being noticed when you hold a door open for a lady, you are noticed. Even at school, in High school I had the idea that when I was going o run for Student Body President, that I would go to different doors, and open them all morning for those coming to school, to get notice and to say hi. It would have worked had it not been for stupid rules about needed t years of leadership class to run for ASB president.

1 comment:

"Fine Romance" Phil Roman said...

Ray, I think you should take a job at a hotel downtown.

Also, question: Would the last remaining gentleman throw out his spouse's crappy magazine if he was reading it when he was done with #2?