Please keep your comments rated PG-13 or less. There are several different people reading this.

If you don't edit your comments, then the blog will disappear. Phil that means you.

Monday, January 4, 2010

How fast is too fast.

   I was watching a movie once and I heard this line, “If you’re not first your last.” Thinking about that quote, I thought does that apply to dating and relationships as well. How fast are people supposed to move in relationships? I have heard and seen, a couple get married after knowing each other for 6 months. I have also seen high school sweet hearts get married after college. On the other hand, I have seen people never get married, and I have seen people who have been together, whether married or not, just stop being together. I have seen many different types of relationships.
   This post is more of a discussion starter then my thoughts. Being that I haven’t dating for going on 7 years now, I am out of the loop as far as how fast things are supposed to move physically in a relationship. The last time I was in a relationship, it took me about 3 months before I kissed my girlfriend and about 3 weeks to start holding her hand. Is that a normal time frame?
   Mr. T, my good friend, dated a girl in high school, for about 6 months I think. This was back in 2001, last decade, they then went to France and “did it” had sex. At the time I didn’t understand why he did this, as he had no job, she didn’t either, and his mom was downstairs in the house. I never have, and still don’t understand why people, who have no means of supporting themselves, let alone a family, chose to make decisions that could lead them down a road of dark bitterness and hate.
   So, if you have any thoughts on the matter of how fast relationships are supposed to go, please post them as comments or on the Facebook page for this site. Search for “The Journey” and click on the one with a picture.

2 comments:

"Fine Romance" Phil Roman said...

Ray...do you know what a condom is?

Anonymous said...

It sounds like dating is on your mind a little too often...